Register beginning June 5 at 9:00 am at the Adult Reference Desks in both buildings. Receive a gift for registering and another after submitting two online Book Reviews. HPL cardholders only. All reviewers will be invited to our End-of-Summer Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Party on Monday, August 7 at 7:00 pm in our Meeting Room. For drawing winners, there will be our usual assortment of books and a Grand Prize of a three-year New York State Empire Pass membership for you and your family. Prizes are provided with the generous support of the Friends of Huntington Public Library. A better world begins with a better you! Earn raffle tickets when you perform these activities:
- Read or listen to books of your choice and submit online reviews.
- Attend a library program related to the Adult Summer Reading Club.
- Tour Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (HMA963)
- Saving Long Island’s Historic Properties with the Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities (SPLIA) (HMA964)
- Play our “Build A Better World” Bingo Card.
- Participate in our Random Acts of Kindness Program. Each act earns you a ticket.
- Donate non-perishable items to our Long Island Cares Food Drive.
- Donate old eyeglasses and cell phones to our Senior Donation Box.
Some very exciting news to share is the announcement of our newly formed Huntington Library Foundation! This is a very big step in helping our library move forward with some creative and innovative projects that otherwise would not be funded by our day to day operating budget. More details may be found HERE.
Some other exciting news is that our new fiscal year budget includes expanding our operating hours to stay open on Sundays from 1:00 – 5:00 pm throughout the summer months on a trial basis. We will try it at our main location only this summer and evaluate the use going forward.
We are almost ready to begin renovations at our main location which will be another exciting time for us. More details may be found HERE. In addition to the HVAC and lighting project, we are also sprucing up our Local History room on the second floor, making it more available and accessible to you. More details may be found HERE. We ask for your patience while we work to make your library a more comfortable and energy efficient environment.
I thank all of you who came out to vote in our annual Budget Vote and Trustee Election. Your support is very important to us and we are continually trying to find ways to make your library experience a positive and rewarding one. Please feel free to contact me at any time: (631) 427-5165, x 206 or by email at .
– Joanne Adam, Library Director